Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

I hope everyone has had as wonderful and blessed a Thanksgiving as I did! Thanksgiving morning I went to the Johnson City Turkey Trot 5k for Up and At 'Em (which is part of my platform, Healthy, Active Youth in Tennessee). I had planned to run, but unfortunately have been sick since Monday, so I wasn't able to. I had a great time just being there, though, seeing literally thousands of people out for a healthy holiday family activity! I will share pictures soon! Because I was staying in Northeast TN for the race, my parents drove up from Knoxville and we had Thanksgiving lunch with family in Kingsport. I got to see some people I haven't seen in years and meet some that I've heard about forever! It was a special day and I am so glad we got the opportunity to be there!

As for an update for the last week or two, I attended a couple of events, including a ribbon cutting for the new Wound Care Center at the Johnson City Medical Center. I was so honored to be a part of the ribbon cutting and really enjoyed going on a tour of the unit and learning a little about the importance of wound care.


I have a lot of EXCITING Christmas activities coming up! Historic Jonesborough Christmas Tree lighting, parades, and taking kiddos Christmas shopping for their families-- just to name a few! I will update again soon with pictures from the Turkey Trot AND a few new publicity pictures that we took last week! Stay tuned!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post, great pictures, Jen. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete